Monday, December 27, 2010

Product Review Coffeemate holiday creamers

I will probably invoke the wrath of my coffee drinking brethren, but I must reveal a secret. I can't stand to drink my coffee black. There, I said it! To be drinkable, my coffee must be laced with sugar and something resembling cream. However, the sugar can be skipped if my creamer is flavored. At this moment, I have Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread, Hazelnut, Creamy Chocolate, Chocolate Toffee and Italian Sweet Cream in my refrigerator. There are very few flavored creamers I won't try and the limited edition holiday flavors are among my favorites. Right now, I am enjoying a cup of Folger's with Peppermint Mocha from Coffeemate and I am savoring every sip of it!

Every year, Coffeemate releases several special holiday edition creamers. This year's selections include:
  • Peppermint Mocha (8 ounce powder, 16 and 32 ounce liquid)
  • Eggnog Latte (16 ounce liquid)
  • Pumpkin Spice (8 ounce powder, 16 and 32 ounce liquid)
  • Gingerbread (8 ounce powder)
  • Gingerbread Latte (16 ounce liquid)
  • Caramel Apple (16 ounce liquid)
  • Sugar and Spice (16 ounce liquid)
Over the past 2 holiday seasons, I have managed to sample 4 of the 7 seasonal flavors: Sugar and Spice, Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Spice and Gingerbread. All are good, but the Pumkpin Spice is hands down my favorite flavor. The flavor reminds me of a piping hot loaf of pumpkin bread-sweet, rich and a little spicy. It complements the coffee very well and doesn't overpower it. The Sugar and Spice reminds me slightly of eggnog. The product descrition says it is a blend of warm cinnamon spice and sweet sugar, but I tasted eggnog undertones, which was a pleasant surprise. I also enjoy the Peppermint Mocha quite a bit. It gives my coffee a sweet. cool flavor with the flavor of chocolate. It is more like drinking a cup of hot chocolate with a splash of coffee. It easily becomes too sweet if you add too much creamer, so a light hand is recommended when using this flavor. Of the creamers I have tried, Gingerbread is my least favorite. I enjoy the way it tastes, but it doesn't impart the gingerbread flavor I was expecting. It has a robust spiciness, but lacks the sweetness gingerbread possesses. I have to add a little sugar to fully enjoy a cup of coffee flavored with this creamer. All of the flavors are delicious when sipped alongside fresh baked goods, whether it be cookies, bread or cake. They are also a nice way to relax at the end of a hectic day.

No comments: