Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Extra cheesy stuffed mushroom recipe

Stuffed mushroom on dish, 2009.
Stuffed mushroom on dish, 2009. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Stuffed mushrooms were the first appetizer I ever made on my own. To this day, they are still one of my favorite recipes to make... And eat! I like to vary up my recipe based on the tastes of those I am serving, but for the most part, these cheesy bites are my bread and butter recipe.

EXTRA CHEESY STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Ingredients
  • 16 large mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoon finely chopped white onion
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chive and onion cream cheese spread
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
  • dash cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely crushed Ritz crackers
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop. Place mushroom caps top down on a baking sheet. Melt butter in a skillet and add diced mushrooms and onions. Cook over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat and add all remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined then spoon into caps. Bake 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: