Thursday, May 30, 2013

Barefoot Bubbly Pink Moscato review

Barefoot Wine and Bubbly has made quite a name for themselves with those who like to enjoy a good glass of wine without breaking the bank. One of their newest varietals, Pink Moscato, is no exception to this trend. Barefoot describes this wine as:
"Deliciously sweet and bubbly with flavors of red tree fruit and fresh berries. A creamy finish collides perfectly with candied cherries and sweet citrus flavors making it the sweetest Bubbly we’ve got."
Always one to enjoy a sweeter, lighter wine, I knew this was one I must try.

While out shopping with my partner in crime, Sarah Marquis, I picked up a bottle for us to share and I am thankful I did! Upon returning home, we had to squelch our desire to pop the cork immediately on our bottle of wine and allow it to sufficiently chill in the refrigerator before indulging. I must say, it was well worth the wait.

The aroma of Barefoot's Pink Moscato is a delightful blend of fruit and perfume that immediately made me giddy. There were faint notes of bubblegum paired with apple and peach. A second whiff of this wine showed a trace of a light mineral scent and a slightly stronger note of perfume, nothing too flowery or heavy. There are also notes of cherry and apple that make this a very difficult bottle of wine to not just dive into. If I had to compare the scent of this wine to a product many of us are familiar with, I would have to compare it to Cherry 7-Up, but that is not an entirely accurate description.

Upon pouring the wine, we noticed that it is quite lively and bubbly. I was honestly a little worried that it was going to be too bubbly for my taste. Thankfully, my fears subsided as I took my first sip. Barefoot Pink Moscato immediately opens up with a crisp, fresh fruit taste and a mineral element that develops the longer you allow it to sit on your tongue. The wine finishes dry and crisp without drying your palate like many champagnes do. There is a lingering sweetness to this wine that beckons you to drink more. There is a definite presence of peach in the flavor of this wine and hints of bubblegum. All in all, this is a very fine affordable bottle of champagne.

I highly recommend pairing this wine with white and mild cheeses, fresh fruit and light desserts and sorbets. At $10.99 a bottle, it is very affordable, which makes it a great addition to your table when entertaining. For more information about Barefoot Wine and all of their varietals, visit them at their website, Facebook page and Twitter feed. Unfortunately, the product locator on Barefoot's website is unable to locate area stores carrying this wine, but I was able to find it at Wal Mart. Many other local grocery stores and specialty stores should also have this varietal available.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: