Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Product review: Tastykake Kandy Bar Kakes

As a member of Influenster, I recently received a box full of samples to try out. While most of the items included were more suitable to review on my beauty blog, I did get one goodie perfect for sharing here-a Tastykakes Kandy Bar Kake in peanut butter flavor.

Tastykake touts their new creations as the best of both worlds-the taste of a candy bar, the freshness of Tastykake. I had never heard of Tastykake prior to this sampling experience, so I was unsure of what to expect, but chocolate and peanut butter were involved. I was more than willing to take one for the team!

Made with real flavors from Hershey, each light and fluffy cake is smothered in rich chocolate and features a different type of filling. The peanut butter used in my cake is from Reese, so I knew it was going to be yummy. The other flavors currently in this line are peppermint, featuring the flavor of York Peppermint Patties, and S'More featuring the flavor of Hershey's cocoa.

I must say, the peanut butter cake I received was quite good. The cake was light and moist, the filling rich and creamy and the chocolate coating didn't overwhelm the taste buds like many do. Most bakeries skimp of the filling of their snack cakes and overload the consumer with an oily, chocolate coating to make up for it. Tastykakes strikes the right balance between outside and inside. My only complaint was that the peanut butter filling was a little light for my personal taste. Normally I complain of a peanut butter overload, but my Kandy Bar Kake was just a little too light for me personally.

Overall, I was very happy with my snack experience. I will definitely be looking to try other products from Tastykake in the future. The hard part will be deciding which to try: Krimpets, Kandy Kakes, Cupcakes, Juniors, Pies, Kreamies, Cookie bars, Donuts, Chocolate bells, Honeybuns, Danish or any of their other products. Tastykakes are availble in stores along the east coast and southeast for right now, but more stores are being added on a regular basis. If you don't live in an area where these treats are available, don't fret! Tastykakes also offers online shopping. For more information, please visit Tastykakes online, on Twitter or on Facebook.

No comments: