Saturday, September 21, 2013

Blackberry cobbler recipe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lastaii/
I came across this recipe in a box of recipes that I have been saving for oh, about 15 years now LOL It was cut out of a newspaper, which means that most likely either my mom or dad had originally saved it and somehow it came to rest in my vast assortment of clipped and printed goodies. As I do with all recipes that come into my possession, I have made a few small changes so it better suits my taste. Enjoy!

BLACKBERRY COBBLER
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup milk, brought to room temperature
  • 2 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Dash nutmeg
  • 2 tablespoons sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 10 inch baking dish, melt the first half cup of butter and set aside. In a sauce pan, combine sugar and water cook over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine flour and cut in second half cup of butter. Add milk and stir until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead several times then roll into a 11X9 rectangle. Evenly spread the berries on top of the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Roll up and cut into ¼ inch slices. Lay the slices in the baking dish and pour the syrup over top. Bake for 40-45 minutes then sprinkle with sugar and return to oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.

No comments: