Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Product review: Fiber One Chocolate Mocha Bars

PhotobucketI was lucky enough to get a box of Fiber One Chocolate Mocha Bars in the mail earlier this week. I know a lot of you are wondering how I could consider myself lucky to get such a treat in the mail. LOL Normally, I would agree, but I am impressed with what Fiber One has done to make fiber palatable. Actually, they are doing a darn good job of making fiber fashionable! Their slogan has become "Cardboard no, Delicious, yes". And it really is true!
It used to be that when I heard the word fiber, I thought of my father dutiful eating a bowl of All Bran. BLECH! I tried that stuff and had to load it up with sugar to make it go down. The sugar helped the taste, but did nothing to help with the texture. That stuff was harsh! I felt like I was eating ground up, reformed twigs. Being a kid, I only tried the stuff because my dad asked if I wanted to. It sure wasn't because I needed more fiber in my diet. Now that I am older, I have developed some digestive issues (more specifically IBS) and the added fiber helps to keep it in check. I have tried various powders and mixes and supplements and such. Trying to choke some of that stuff down is torture-gritty, clumpy, no flavor or horrible flavor. The list of complaints goes on and on. All I can say is "Thank you Fiber One for giving me hope".

The Fiber One Chocolate Mocha Bars I received are soft and chewy and very flavorful. The texture of these little guys is better than nearly all chewy granola bars I have tried. Dry? Nope. Gritty? Nope. Bland? Far from it! To be honest, I never would have thought these would provide 35% of the daily recommended allowance of fiber. Here are the full nutritional details for ya:

Photobucket

I have read other reviews of these bars that have complained about the flavor. I will admit, they are a bit strong on the coffee flavor, but in my opinion, that is what sets these apart from the rest. Too many coffee flavored items are too light on the coffee. You hope for a full robust flavor and get weak and watered down. These are definitely a tasty way to boost your fiber intake. And let's be honest with ourselves ladies-we aren't getting the fiber we need. I know it. You know it. And just why do we need fiber? Lemme tell ya:
  • Fiber helps ward off colon cancer. It's not just for guys y'know.
  • Fiber decreases your risk of diabetes.
  • Fiber can help satisfy your appetite and manage your weight.
  • Fiber can help keep your digestive system on the right track. (I can attest to this!)
  • People with high fiber diets tend to have healthier body weights.
  • Fiber can help prevent heart disease
Do I need to go on? LOL If the idea of Chocolate Mocha doesn't appeal to you, Fiber One offers 5 additional flavors of the fiber packed bars. Choose from Oats & Chocolate, Oats & Caramel, Oats & Peanut Butter, Oats & Strawberry or Oats & Apple Streusel. I really think they offer a flavor for every taste. Are you interested in trying some for yourself? Visit HERE or HERE to print off a coupon and save yourself a little money.

Disclosure: Review samples were provided courtesy of the manufacturer. No monetary compensation was received in exchange for this review. This review contains my personal opinion of the products.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: