Monday, January 11, 2010

Strawberry pecan bread recipe

I was recently asked if there was such a thing as a strawberry sweet bread, my reply was "Yes, but a good recipe is hard to come by". Adding fresh fruit to bread recipes can be problematic, especially fruits as juicy as strawberries. I have researched and tested and tweaked until I came up with a recipe that I feel is just right. I would have provided pictures, but it didn't last long enough with my hungry tribe.

STRAWBERRY PECAN BREAD
Ingredients
  • 3 cups strawberries
  • 3 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  •  1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter and flour two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Slice strawberries and sprinkle with sugar. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugars, cinnamon, salt & baking soda. Add vanilla, oil, eggs, berries and pecans. Stir until just moistened. Divide between pans and bake 45-50 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out of pans to cool completely.
Cook's Notes-frozen berries work well in this recipe, too. Add chocolate chips for a delicious flavor twist.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

D Martinez said...

Wow! I bet this tastes great! Thank you for testing and sharing this recipe :-)

formatii nunta said...

Delicious recipe, it looks so good, i will try it for sure, thanks for sharing.