Monday, April 9, 2012

Product Review International Delight Iced Coffee

International Delight may be best known for making delicious coffee creamers, but they are expanding their horizons into a new line of products: Iced Coffee. The company describes this new line of products as "the taste of the coffeehouse at home". I must admit, I was skeptical of this claim, as many coffee based products seem to fall just short of providing a true coffeehouse experience in the comforts of my home. The true coffee flavor is either weak or over powered by too much flavoring. Since I have enjoyed many of International Delight's coffee creamers, I decided I would give their Iced Coffee a try.

International Delight's Iced Coffee is made with 100% Arabica beans and features authentic coffeehouse flavors that are expertly blended and come ready to drink straight out of the carton. Three flavors are currently available: original, mocha and vanilla. Knowing International Delight, more flavors are on the horizon.

As I previously stated, I was a little skeptical about trying this product, but I will admit I am glad that I threw caution to the wind. To date, I have only tried the mocha flavor, but I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor of this drink. It is a delicious blend of coffee and chocolate flavors, with neither overpowering the other. It is like the perfect glass of chocolate milk with a splash of coffee thrown in for a new twist. Unlike chocolate milk, I advise NOT sharing this drink with your kids. If your children are anything like mine, they don't need the coffee buzz that may accompany this beverage.
In honoring the spirit of iced coffee, this drink is supposed to be served over ice, but since it comes straight of out the grocery store's milk cooler, no additional chilling is needed to enjoy this on a hot day. To be honest, serving it over ice may water down the drink and ruin the flavor. The consistency of the iced coffee is thick and creamy, once again, adding it to ice may thin it down too much.
International Delight's Iced Coffee has managed to live up to the reputation the company has cultivated for itself. It is rich, it is creamy and it is full of flavor. I am looking forward to trying the other two flavors and deciding which is my favorite. Another thing I am looking forward to is experimenting with this drink in my kitchen. I am already planning on iced coffee milkshakes and possibly using it to flavor baked goods. With my imagination, the possibilities may truly be endless!

No comments: