Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pesto chicken salad recipe

Pesto
Pesto (Photo credit: Yannic Meyer)
I was never a big fan of chicken salad sandwiches but that all changed a few years ago when I worked at Cobblestone Cafe. After making literally pounds and pounds of our special recipe every week, I caved and tried it. Surprise! It was pretty darn tasty. When we updated our menu, our head chef tried a new recipe which featured basil and pine nuts and I was in love. Unfortunately, our older clientele wasn't and our scrumptious new recipe fell by the wayside. This is my take on that chicken salad recipe that finally made me a fan.

PESTO CHICKEN SALAD
Ingredients

  • 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced (grilled offers the best flavor, in my opinion)
  • 1/6 cup mayonnaise 
  • 1/6 cup ranch dressing
  • 1 tablespoon pesto 
  • 1 teaspoon chopped toasted pine nuts 
  • 2 teaspoons chopped roasted red bell peppers 
  • Salt and pepper, to taste


Directions
Combine all ingredients together and stir well.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: