Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Green goddess dressing recipe

Green goddess dressing served as a dip for raw...
Green goddess dressing served as a dip for raw vegetables (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I tried my first green goddess dressing while working at Cobblestone Cafe. At first, I was skeptical of any dressing that contained so much "greenery", but once I let down my guard I was pleasantly surprised by just how delicious it was! If you have never tried it, I highly recommend this dressing to everyone.

GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
Ingredients

  • 1 cup mayonnaise 
  • 6-7 scallions, chopped (use both green and white parts of the scallion)
  • 1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves 
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 cloves chopped garlic
  • 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 
  • 1 cup sour cream

Directions
Place all ingredients except sour cream in a blender and blend until smooth. Add sour cream and process until just blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Cook's Notes-Many recipes include 1-2 teaspoons of anchovy paste in them. As I am allergic to all things fish, I leave it out of my recipe. If you wish to add it, feel free to!

No comments: