Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Peanut butter cup pancakes recipe

I love trying new recipes out on my kids. They are still young enough to be brutally honest, which is what a good cook truly needs in a critic. One morning, they were all clamoring for pancakes, but I was tired of serving them the same old regular pancakes. When I opened my cupboard and saw the container of cocoa powder, inspiration struck! My youngest told me these were better than bacon. I disagreed, but appreciated his enthusiasm all the same.

PEANUT BUTTER CUP PANCAKES

    • 1 1/4 cups flour
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    • 4 tablespoons sugar
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 1/4 cups milk
    • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    • 2 tablespoons melted butter
    • peanut butter to taste
    • chocolate syrup or melted chocolate to taste


    Directions
    Sift together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Heat a lightly oiled griddle to medium heat and cook the pancakes to the desired doneness. Top each pancake with a generous dollop of peanut butter and a drizzle of chocolate.
    Click to play this Smilebox photo album
    Create your own photo album - Powered by Smilebox
    Photo album personalized with Smilebox

    No comments: